Voluntary Organisations (2)
Local Community Groups
On the following pages we have listed the various community groups in the Parish of Northaw and Cuffley. Each box on this page represents some basic information about a group with some contact or other details you can use to get in touch with them.
Each page has 32 organisations listed. They are also colour coded depending on which category they fall in. Broadly speaking there are 4 groups: Scouts & Guides; Churches; Local Organisations; Schools, Pre-Schools and Nurseries and the Parish Council.
Searching the website
The best way to use this area is to search for a group, for example enter Brownies into the search box and press enter. This will take you to a list of entries that relate to Brownies.
Want to update or add something?
If you wish to update or add something please provide us with the revised text for the entry and send us a message through our contact us page.
Local RSPB Group
RSPCA – Potters Bar
Northaw & Cuffley Residents Association
Northaw & Cuffley Bowling Club
Mr Ray Brewer
Homewood Volunteers Group
Northaw Women’s Institute
Mrs C Summerhayes
Northaw Village Hall
Bookings: contact Mrs Charlotte Jeffery
The Northaw and Cuffley Residents Association promotes civic pride and community spirit in Northaw and Cuffley.
Our aim is to support residents in maintaining and enhancing the features of the Parish environment. We also campaign with like-minded organisations to prevent developments encroaching into the surrounding Green Belt. We have a stronger voice when we act together.
The Residents Association strives to represent residents’ concerns whenever possible. Problems may arise over planning applications, highways’ maintenance, parking, policing and transport. On these and similar issues we can represent residents’ views to our local councils and other authorities.
We all want to preserve the best of Northaw and Cuffley. To join the Residents Association visit www.ncragb.uk/ncragb.uk/Membership the cost per household is £5 per year.
The Residents Association is very active. We have, for example
- Challenged Borough and County Councils over planning applications
- Spoken on behalf of residents’ views at Borough Council planning hearings
- Sought information via FOI on facts not disclosed by a Borough Council
- Raised concerns with the Ombudsman about Borough Council proceedings
- Successfully opposed the use of vehicles on the Starling Lane footpath
- Influenced Herts Highways to improve pedestrian footways
- Regularly checked the Parish footpath network resulting in improvements
We are committed to resist encroachment onto our green belt. We have
- Campaigned with residents and SCANGB to save our local greenbelt
- Spoken at a planning enquiry to object to a green belt development application
- Contributed to Parish Council’s Neighbourhood Plan
- Liaised with and supported National organisation on green belt issues
Parish Council Contact Details
Our offices are open:-
Tues – Fri, 11.30am – 2.30pm Appointments are available outside these times by prior arrangements. Closed:- Mondays and Bank Holiday weekends.
The last Saturday of each month, 9am – 10am (excluding Aug. & Dec.) a Borough Councillor holds a surgery in the Council Offices.
Update is designed and published by Northaw & Cuffley Parish Council
Northaw & Cuffley Parish Council
7, Maynard Place, Cuffley, EN6 4JA
Open to Serve the Public
11:30am - 2:30pm
Tuesday to Friday inclusive
T: 01707 875825
Let us bring the news to you