NORTHAW & CUFFLEY PARISH COUNCIL
7 Maynard Place, Cuffley, Hertfordshire, EN6 4JA
17th May 2018.
You are summoned to attend the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council to be held in Cuffley Hall Meeting Room on Thursday 24th May 2018 at 7.30 pm.
Clerk to the Council.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend, and may ask questions when invited to do so by the Chairman, but may not speak or take part in the meeting at any other time.
Members of the public may also record the Meeting, and the Chairman will make an announcement regarding this at the start of the Meeting.
The Chairman will be available from 15 minutes before the start of the Meeting to meet the Public and answer any questions.
A G E N D A
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE COUNCIL
- Election of the Chairman of the Parish Council.
- Chairman’s declaration of acceptance of office.
- Election of Vice Chairman of the Parish Council.
- Appointment of Committees, Membership, Terms of Reference & Delegations.
- Review of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, Land Buildings & Equipment,
Insurance Cover, and other Policy & Procedures – There are proposals for adopting new Standing Orders, and amendments to the Financial Regulations.
- Appointment of Council Representatives on Outside Bodies
Kidston Institute – 2 Members required.
Cuffley Hall Management & Executive Committees.
Northaw Village Hall.
Welwyn Hatfield Association of Local Council – The Chairman & the Clerk.
FIRST BUSINESS MEETING OF THE COUNCIL YEAR 2018-19
- Apologies – To accept and record apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest – To accept and record declarations of interest of Councillors.
- To welcome to new Councillors – Cllr. Caroline Saunders & Cllr Jim Sharkey.
- To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday 15th March 2018, and Thursday 26th April 2018.
- Matters arising from the Minutes.
- Update from the Local Police
ITEMS WHICH REQUIRE A DECISION
- Approval of Meeting Times for Committees – Report of the Chairman.
- Approval of the General Data Protection Policy – Report of the Clerk.
- Acceptance of the Report of the Internal Auditor – Report of the Clerk.
- Acceptance of the Register of Assets as at 31st March 2018 – Report of the Clerk.
- Approval of the Annual Governance Report 2017-18 – Report of the Clerk.
- Approval of the Annual Return for the Financial Year 2017-18 – Report of the Clerk.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION.
- Reports from Committees and Working Parties:-
a. Planning Applications – Cllrs. Brook and Clark.
b. Policy and Resources – Cllr. Pollitt.
c. Including Health & Safety, Village Day, Parish Review, 125 Year Commemoration, and Local Bus Service.
d. Personnel and Urgency – Cllr. Pollitt.
e. Neighbourhood Plan Working Group – Cllr. Pollitt.
- 20. Outside Committee Reports – To receive reports from representatives of Outside Bodies and Committees:-
a. Cuffley Hall Management Committee Councillor Pollitt.
b. Kidston Institute Councillor Pollitt.
c. Northaw Village Hall Councillor Wilcox
d. Welwyn Hatfield Ass’ Local Councils No Meetings.
- Question Time.
- Such other business as, in the opinion of the Clerk, is of sufficient urgency to warrant immediate attention.
- Exclusion of the Press and Public if required.
- Close of Meeting – The Chairman.
You may download the formal agenda and summons document here:Summons and Agenda for Annual Council Meeting – 24th May 2018