MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
22nd NOVEMBER 2018 AT 7.30 PM
AT CUFFLEY SMALL HALL

PRESENT Councillor Sally Pollitt – Chairman
Councillor Mike Clark – Vice Chairman
Councillor Andrea Allgood
Councillor Fred Allgood
Councillor Jane Brook
Councillor Peter Dace
Councillor Eric Wilcox

Deputy Clerk – Carol Branigan
3 Members of the Public

The Chairman made the normal announcement regarding the recording of the Meeting.

76/18 Apologies
Apologies were received from Councillor Jim Sharkey, Borough Councillor George Michaelides & PCSO
Deborah Rogers.

77/18 Declaration of Interest
Cllr. Pollitt declared her non-pecuniary interest as a Member of the Executive Management Committee of Cuffley Hall.

78/18 Minutes of the Previous Meeting
The minutes of the meeting held on 12th October 2018 were agreed and signed as a correct record.

79/18 Matters Arising
There were no matters arising.

80/18 Update from Local Police
There was no written report or attendance from the Police but the Chair informed all that she had explained to a Superintendent, at a recent Barn Meet she had attended, of our frustration at not receiving regular feedback. She reminded all that the reporting of crime is to be encouraged throughout the Community especially fly-tipping and anti-social behaviour in order that the Police when arranging their Budget, proportion area cover accordingly.

81/18 Financial Monitoring
The Chair proposed that a Financial working-group be formed, which will sit on months that P & R does not take place. The Group, working with P & R, will ensure close in-depth monitoring is carried out on a monthly basis and control of income/expenditure is fully monitored. Our Budgets have shown significant underspend over the last few years which needs to be considered when setting our Precept. Committee Members to be Cllr. F. Allgood and Cllr. S Pollitt with one more to be decided.
If not already done so, the Chair suggested all on Committee to attend the Financial Training Course at HAPTC.
Council agreed setting up of a Financial Working Group

82/18 Neighbourhood Plan
Work is due to restart on the Plan.
All agreed to obtain two quotes from suitable consultants to help with the final draft.

83/18 Hall Lease
A copy of the Condition Report to be sent to all in preparation for future funding and finalisation of the Lease.

84/18 Lambs Close Permits
All agreed for the Borough Council to take on administration of the Permits.

85/18 Meeting Day for P & R
All agreed for meeting date to be changed from the second Tuesday of the month to the second Wednesday, for a trial of six months. Time would remain at 7.30pm.

86/18 Appointment of Internal Auditor
All agreed to continue with current Internal Auditor until the conclusion of the Financial Year.

87/18 Refurbishment of Northaw Telephone Kiosk
All agreed for a full refurbishment and a special thanks to be sent to resident, Janice Randall, for her time and labour spent on this project.

88/18 Revenue Monitor Report
Future Revenue Monitor reports to be made available to all on a monthly basis. Direct Debits and Standing Orders to be reviewed yearly.

89/18 Local Plan & Green Belt Review
The Chair thanked all who attended or monitored the live two day Review. Consultants to be instructed to produce reports before December 20th on our sites specifics.
Proposal for further work on washed over Green Belt agreed.

90/18 125 Years Commemoration
Cllr. A. Allgood updated all on the plans to celebrate ‘Community Life’, including local walks with the Footpath Warden along with a variety of events to observe the 125 year theme.

91/18 Reports from Committees & Working Parties:-

a. Planning Applications
Discussion took place regarding the future events planned at the Colesdale Farm site. Although the organisers have applied for Licensing, they will not be applying for Planning as they are hoping to avoid the 28 day rule for all events to have taken place within. Borough Councillor, Bernard Sarson will discuss with Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council planning officers the situation going forward.
Cllr. Brook informed Cllrs. Sarson and Wrenn of deforestation that has taken place at an ancient woodland at a property in Coopers Lane Road. Enforcement will act if there has been no felling licence in place.
Cllr. A. Allgood reported on the Car Boot Sales taking place at Hill View Farm where they have reneged on the 14 day rule.

b. Policy & Resources
Nothing to update.

c. Personnel & Urgency
Nothing to update.

d. Health & Safety
We are to review our Annual procedures with the Consultant.

92/18 Outside Committee Reports:-

a. Cuffley Hall Management Committee
Nothing to add.

b. Kidston Institute
No meetings have taken place.

c. Northaw Village Hall
Cllr. Wilcox reported on the AGM that had taken place on the 19th October 2018 where a new Committee member had been co-opted. The new Booking Secretary is Nicola Thompson.

d. NALC Conference
Cllrs. S. Pollitt, A. Allgood and J. Brook reported on a very good conference. They all agreed they found the seminars most useful along with interesting ideas to incorporate within our parish.
Report to be circulated.

e. Leefe Robinson Commemoration
Cllr. Dace informed all of the details to commemorate the death of 100 years of our local hero, Leefe Robinson. Details to be placed on the website and via the Resident’s Association mailing list.

93/18 Question Time
There were no questions but Borough Councillor Sarson updated all on issues within the Borough and named the new Leader of the Council as, Tony Kingsbury.

94/18 Such other business in the opinion of the Chair that is of sufficient urgency to warrant immediate attention
There was none.

95/18 Exclusion of the Press & Public
The Chairman made the usual announcement with regard to the Press and Public.

96/18 Maynards Place Update
The Chairman provided the latest update on the current position.

97/18 Notes from Internal Auditor
The Chair had received a report from the Internal Auditor and would be arranging a meeting of the Personnel & Urgency Committee and the new Financial Working Group to discuss matters.

98/18 Close of Meeting
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.50pm.

Signed__________________________________________ Date_____________________________________________