NORTHAW & CUFFLEY PARISH COUNCIL
7 Maynard Place, Cuffley, Hertfordshire, EN6 4JA
15th May 2013
You are summoned to attend the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council to be held in Northaw Village Hall on Tuesday 21st May 2013 at 7.30 pm.
Clerk to the Council.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend, but not speak at the meeting unless invited to do so by the Chairman.
Members of the public may submit a question on any relevant matter, provided the question is submitted at least 3 clear days before the Meeting. (Excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays).
Question should be sent to the Clerk, at the Council Offices, 7 Maynard Place, Cuffley, Herts, EN6 4JA, by E-mail, post, or delivered by hand. (Please see E-mail address below.)
A G E N D A
ANNUAL MEETING OF THE COUNCIL
1. Election of the Chairman of the Parish Council.
2. Chairman’s declaration of acceptance of office.
3. Election of Vice Chairman of the Parish Council.
4. Vice Chairman’s declaration of acceptance of office.
5. Appointment of Committees, terms of reference & delegations.
(One proposal for change to amend the terms of reference of P&U Committee, adding at the end of the terms, “unless the Council has delegated the power to decide in its stead.” )
6. Review of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, Land Buildings & Equipment, Insurance Cover, Membership of Other Organisations, Complaints Procedure, and Policy for dealing with the press and media.
7. Appointment of Council Representatives on Outside Bodies.
8. Chairman’s Report on the year 2012-13.
BUSINESS MEETING OF THE FULL COUNCIL
2. Declarations of interest.
3. To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Tuesday 19th March 2013.
4. Update from P.C. Freeman and PCSO Randall.
5. Question Time- Questions received from the public, which must be submitted in writing to the Clerk, no later 3 clear days before the meeting, excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays.
6. Motion proposed by the Chairman:
“That, ahead of the outcome of the Borough Council’s Emerging Core Strategy and any Local Plan which results from it, and ahead of any Neighborhood Plan of its own, which may not be formally adopted until after the approval of such Local Plan by the Borough Council, this Council wishes to place on record its strong opposition to any significant incursion into, or reduction of, the green belt surrounding the two villages of Northaw and Cuffley, as it is considered that this would threaten the important separation between these two villages and could ultimately lead to the loss of the distinctive identity of each, which we seek to maintain.”
7. Reports from Committees and Working Parties:-
a. Planning Applications
b. Policy and Resources.
c. Personnel and Urgency
d. Planning Working Group
8. Income and Expenditure Outturn, approval of Accounting Statement, and Annual Governance Statement for the financial year 2012-13.
9. Smarten Up Cuffley. Planned works in Cuffley for information and discussion.
10. Outside Committee Reports – To receive reports from representatives of Outside
Bodies and Committees:-
a. Cuffley Hall Management Committee Councillor Brent Cheetham.
b. Cuffley & Northaw Youth & Community Centre Councillor Anita Rust.
c. Kidston Institute Councillors Adrian Prest and Fraser Church.
d. Northaw Village Hall Councillors Fraser Church & Eric Wilcox.
e. Welwyn Hatfield Ass Local Councils Councillor Adrian Prest
11. Such other business as, in the opinion of the Clerk or the Chairman, is of sufficient urgency to warrant immediate attention.
Next meeting: The planned date for the next full Meeting of the Parish Council is on
Tuesday 16th July 2013, at Northaw Village Hall.
Clerk to the Council: Jason Grocock ABCC (Dip) BSc (Hons) CPFA